Today’s preview is going to be somewhat shorter than, well, the previous one we did. I’ll do my best to be a fill-in Hunter but you’ll have to excuse some of the brevity.
- Time: November 12th, 2022, 5:00 PM MST
- Location: Idaho Central Arena, Boise, ID
- Weather at tipoff: Probably cold
- Odds: Boise State by 1
- TV: None. BUT you can get the Mountain West Network (There’s a free app for phones as well as streaming boxes like Roku. Also a website.)
- Radio: 670 KBOI
- Commentators: Video stream — PxP Mark Snider, Analyst — Ross Cook. Radio: PxP: Leonard Barry, Analyst — Abe Jackson
1. WSU scared to play us at Extra Mile
At least, that’s how I am interpreting this from Leon Rice.
2. Boise State MBB got a commit yesterday
Leon Rice out here locking up those would-be winners!
3. Double-header fun: Someone is good at scheduling stuff
Not trying to shoe-horn a football reference but this is genuinely good scheduling on the part of the athletics department.
Basketball game at 5, then home to watch the football game? yes please.
Boise State – Lost 2
WSU – Won 1
Player to Watch
Mouhamed Gueye, F
Dude did a good against Texas State. He had 18 points from 32 minutes of action. 13 rebounds and bunch of other stats. He’s going to be a problem and, I would assume, the Broncos will be ready for him.
Keys to victory
- Defense Wins Championships (Literally plagiarized from Hunter’s SDSU preview): Strong defensive focus and intensity marked a huge difference for the Broncos last year when compared to previous ones. Slow down the Cougars and it could be quick work for the Broncos.
- Score more points than WSU Listen I get that it’s pretty self-explanatory but that’s going to be the overall crux for tonight. Score in every facet of the game: three ball, easy layups, jumpers, all of it (I’m looking at you, free throw shooting). Just… score more points please.
Won’t really put anything here as I am not good at it. BUT I will say: more than WSU. Just… just score more points, please.