The Broncos welcomed the Mountaineers of Eastern Oregon to the X on Tuesday night, and it went about as well as you would expect. Leon Rice and co. gave star point guard Marcus Shaver a well needed rest, and the Broncos took care of business in dominant fashion, 90-54. The game was an exhibition for EOU, but it counted towards the Bronco’s schedule, so Boise State moves to 7-2.
- The Broncos might have the second coming of Dougie Buckets I’m not going to lie to you… Max Rice has it figured out. The kid can just flat out score the rock. If you watched the game and SOMEHOW missed the announcers talking about it, he was on triple-double watch all night. He’s the reigning Mountain West player of the week, and there’s a good chance he has more of those in his future.
- Maybe we just… don’t ever miss again from three? Boise State shot a smooth 52% from three on the evening, and I for one would appreciate that continuing going forward.
- I didn’t know La Grande was big enough for a decent sized high school, let alone a college??? It’s true. La Grande Oregon somehow has an NAIA school there. To be honest, I thought my high school graduating class would double the population there, and I went to a 1A school. Guess I was wrong!
- T Deggie led all scorers with 19 points
- Four Broncos hit double digits, including new guys Mohamed Sylla (12) Sadraque NgaNga (13)
- EOU rostered six players from Idaho, including former McDonalds All-American Nominee and DI transfer Emmit Taylor III from Lapwai