- Time: (Today) February 28th, 2022, 7:00 PM MST
- Location: ExtraMile Arena, Boise, ID (The X)
- Odds: BSU by 2
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Radio: 670 KBOI
- Commentators: Rich Waltz & Dan Dickau
Starting things off…
I’m worried I’ve become too powerful here. My preview for the SJSU game the most accurate I’ve ever wrote (and that sucked). Maybe I’ll have to employ some reverse jinxes to get the ball rolling in the right direction. Most importantly, we have Shaver back this time around. Jinxes or not, it’ll be a good one for a sold out senior night.
Exciting Facts (about the game and otherwise)
1. X and 0(%)
Stellar excel work from Derick on Twitter. You don’t wanna shoot free throws at the X. Heck, don’t even shoot at all if you’re an aztec, I won’t mind.
2. Senioooooooooooooor Night
Twitter people are likely familiar with this one, but I wanted to push this more to the masses. The Blue Collar Club is an excellent org where the masses can make small donations to support our lads. Senior night is always fun because many will make pledges based off of player stats (i.e 10 dollars for every Max Rice 3) If you feel so inclined to participate, you can check ’em out!
3. Lest we forget this joy
Just rewatch the ending. It’s free happiness.
Boise State – Lost 1
SJSU – Won 6
Player to Watch
Nathan Mensah, F
Believe it or not, the easiest way to win a basketball game is to score. While not a particularly great at the scoring department, Mensah has chosen the more annoying route to be good at the keep-away thing. If the Broncos can’t buy a bucket on last year’s defensive POY, there will be rumbles in the tummy.
Keys to victory
- Consistent Offense: What we can’t have is a drought. This team has incredible defensive consistency, but offense comes and goes. Last preview, I talked about the 5 minute drought thing. We can get away with that against some teams (most of the time), but not now and not today.
- Bench Contribution: I decided to keep this one from last time around. The aztecs are a deep team, hard to say the same for us right now. Production off the bench to match SDSU will be crucial to ease the blood pressure.
I’m nervous, but I love our home court advantage. Give me a March Madness-clinching performance in front of a massive crowd.
Boise State 65, SDSU 60
Dude Hunter, you were so close to the actual score! Strong work!
Oh I just noticed this! That’s awesome haha.